Thursday, March 8, 2012

Lucky 7 Meme

I got tagged for this meme by Chessie! And as she points out, I guess this is cool, because I have never been tagged for a meme before. I don't think. Oh, heck. I don't know. Anyway. Here we go.



Here are the meme rules:

1. Go to page 77 of your current MS
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next seven lines as they're written--no cheating!
4. Tag 7 other writers
5. Let them know



Okay! I'm gonna have to use my querying MS, ONE, since my WiP doesn't have things like pages or, you know, ORDER yet.  Ahem.


Here we go!



 It’s because now that he’s gone and kissed me, I might need him for more than flying.
 We sink down, down, down, and by the time my feet touch solid ground again, I’m torn between tackling him in the cornfield and getting away from him as soon as possible.
He looks down at me, smiling a gentle smile that tells me he’d appreciate the tackle. I look at him for one second, two, five, then I open my mouth, and stammer something that doesn’t make sense.
And then I do the only thing that does make sense - I turn around and run home.

Wheeeee! Fun!
Well, that's about it for now!  Thursday is my day off, which is not as fun as it sounds, because really it translates to The Day In Which I Play Scullery Maid. So I've gotta run. But, if you want to play along, consider yourself one of the seven tagged, okay?

Thanks Chessie!  Thanks for reading, sweet readers!

8 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I loved that! This book sounds so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo LOVE those lines! ONE sounds like it's full of awesome. Have fun being a scullery maid, haha. Thursdays are supposed to be my cleaning days too...ugh :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU are full of awesome. I effing hate Thursdays. >_>

      Delete
  3. This is SERIOUSLY one of my absolute FAVORITE parts of the book!!! Thanks for reminding me how excited I am to reread it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhhhhhh mee too! Thanks for being my Megan, hon. <3

      Delete
  4. Smoochies!!! One of the best parts of ONE! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh, love this scene. (And now I need to stop laughing over Maggie's use of the word "smoochies".)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin