Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I'll Bet You Thought I Was a Goner

You know how when things in your life are completely insane (maybe even in a good way) and you tell people "Things here have just been crazy." and they nod enthusiastically and say, "Oh, yeah, things are crazy by us too," and you smile and nod and try not to get really angry at them just because they have no concept of what "crazy" means, at least not compared to your life right now?

Yeah.

We just found out a week ago that we are moving to Ohio.  In two weeks.  The pros are that it's home, and we used to live there, so we know things about the neighborhood we want to live in, where to send the kids to school, where to do our grocery shopping.  The cons are that moving is still one of those situations where you throw all your cards up in the air and hope to God that they all fall into place, and you know they will eventually, but it still makes you really uneasy while those cards are dangling above your head and looking at you, saying things like "homeless."
On a related note, does house-hunting make anyone else totally crazed, and then for a few good minutes consider moving to Mongolia and living in a yurt like that lovely family in "Babies," because hey, they looked pretty happy?

Anyway.  I'll bet you thought I dropped off the face of the Earth and abandoned my sweet little novel, but in fact, I didn't!  I've been writing on it every day, even if that means pecking out a six-word sentence with one hand and wiping snot with the other, then falling face-first onto the keyboard, asleep.  (That has happened at least once, no joke.)  So I have a nine-day word count to share now which would normally be the same as a one-day, but the point of writing is to make progress, and sometimes we can make more progress than others.

Words written: 1789
Total Words: 57,410
Listening to:  My husband's alarm.  He has this terrible habit of never turning it off (NEVER) because he is so tired, so the damn thing just goes off constantly from 5-6 AM every day.  The main reason I'm hurrying to finish this post, actually.
Obsessed with:  "The United States of Tara."  Seriously, this show is INCREDIBLE!

If you're still around, thanks for sticking with me.  It's going to be a bumpy few weeks with possibly only intermittent updates, but I'm still committed to this project.

1 comment:

LinkWithin